What will I be charged for my visit?
Since you are seeing a provider, receiving an assessment, and being prescribed a treatment plan, you will be charged as you would and in-person visit.
Is this covered by my insurance?
Many insurance plans do cover telehealth visits; however, this is dependent on each patient’s particular insurance plan. Be sure to check with your insurance if this is a covered service.
What if this is not covered by my insurance or I do not have insurance?
No problem. Telehealth visits are $75 per visit without insurance.
What types of issues may be addressed using Telehealth?
- Rashes (eczema, psoriasis, hives, dandruff, poison ivy, shingles)
- Worrisome Spots (concerning moles, new/changing growth)
- Concerns for skin infections
- Follow up for medications that require monitoring.
* Oral lesions, nail lesions, warts, cysts, and lipomas are better evaluated in person.
** Visits may require follow up for further diagnostic testing (i.e. biopsy) or to more closely evaluate a lesion.
How do I request an appointment via Telehealth?
It’s easy! Simply complete the form, sign the consent form, and upload photos of your insurance card(s) if applicable. Our staff will be in contact with you within 24 hours to confirm your appointment. When it’s time for your appointment, you will receive a text message with a link to take you to your video appointment with Dr. Amir, Dr. Strickland, or Christine Read, PA-C.