Dr. Amir Aboutalebi treats a wide range of skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema, to the management of complex dermatologic conditions, including blistering disorders and connective tissue disease. He performs full body examinations with a focus on the prevention and management of skin cancer.
We are happy to educate our patients and work together on a treatment plan that’s right for them.
Dr. Aboutalebi specializes in the evaluation and surgical treatment of a variety of skin conditions, from skin cancers to cysts to benign skin growths. Surgical procedures are performed in our office to provide the highest quality in the most comfortable setting for the patient. We provide evaluation and surgical treatment for a variety of skin conditions including:
Depending on your skin type and specific condition, our physician can help determine the best treatment option for you.
In addition to his expertise in medical dermatology, Dr. Aboutalebi offers injectable cosmetic services such as Botox Cosmetic and fillers. He also offers cosmetic treatment and removal of benign skin growths such as skin tags, sebaceous hyperplasia, and cherry angiomas. Northstar Dermatology also maintains a selection of skin and sun care products. These products and services include:
Botox® Cosmetic is a nonsurgical aesthetic treatment that reduces the appearance and formation of unwanted facial lines. Botox® is a purified protein that relaxes the muscles responsible for the formation of wrinkles resulting in a gradual decrease in their appearance. Visit Botox® Cosmetic for more information.
Latisse® solution is a prescription for eyelash hypotrichosis, used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes. Visit Latisse® for more information.
We also offer the cosmetic treatment and removal of benign growths such as:
- Skin Tags: Harmless lesions that present as small growths or protrusions of the skin on areas with friction such as the neck, underarms, groin, and under the breasts. Thought to be caused by friction or rubbing of the skin. Although these lesions are benign, they can be cosmetically bothersome or can become irritated by jewelry and clothing.
- Sebaceous Hyperplasia: Enlarged oil glands that typically present as small pink to yellow bumps on the face.
- Angiomas: Collection of tiny blood vessels that appear as small red bumps on the chest, abdomen, back and extremities.
- Seborrheic Keratoses: Tan to brown warty growths that appear “pasted” onto the skin. These lesions commonly develop after the age of 30, and can present on any part of the body. Although benign, they can be cosmetically bothersome or can become irritated by jewelry and clothing.
Refer to our “Skin Care Products” for a list of cosmetic products and sunscreens.
Contact our office today at 817-427-3376 to learn more about Cosmetic Services or to make an appointment with Dr. Aboutalebi.
Skin Care Products
Manufactured by Swiss-American Products, Inc., Elta® sunscreen products protects the skin against harmful UV rays and should be applied to your skin before engaging in any kind of outdoor activity. Certain types of sunscreen protect against UVA and UVB pays for comprehensive skin protection. It is important to choose a sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15, which refers to the amount of time it takes the skin to react to the sun as opposed to unprotected skin.
With regular sunscreen use, patients can reduce their risk of skin cancer, age spots, burns, premature aging and other unwanted conditions. Through a lifetime of regulated sun exposure, you can continue to maintain the healthy, beautiful skin you were born with.
- Smoothes irritation, redness and flaking sometimes caused by medications
- Formulated for night-time use
- Non-Comedogenic, sensitivity and fragrance-free
- Strengthens the skin against damage from frequent hand washing, swimming and cold, dry air
- Soothes dry itchy skin
- Therapeutic lotion for daily use
EltaMD UV Facial SPF 30+
- SPF 30+ with 7% Micronized Zinc Oxide
- Specifically formulated to provide moisturizing UV protection for the face, either alone or under makeup
- Light, fluffy moisturizing base with an elegant feel
- Ideal for post-microdermabrasion, IPL treatments, chemical or glycolic peels and post last treatment
EltaMD UV Lotion SPF 30+
- SPF 30+ with 7% Micronized Zinc Oxide
- Moisturizing lotion with UV protection for the entire body
- Safe for all skin types
EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41
- SPF 41 with 9% Micronized Zinc Oxide and 7% Titanium Dioxide
- Lightly Tinted and Water-resistant
- Chemical free, natural mineral UV protection
- Absorbs quickly and can be used on the face and body
- Antioxidants to neutralize free radicals to help prevent sun damage
EltaMD UV Shield SPF 45
- SPF 45 with 9% Micronized Zinc Oxide
- Oil-free face and body protection for use alone or under makeup
- Light, sheer formula that spreads quickly and leaves no residue on skin’s surface
EltaMD UV Sport SPF 50
- SPF 50 with 9% Micronized Zinc Oxide
- Won’t rinse off in water or drip into eyes and sting when you sweat
- Great for swimmers, runners, golfers, and all outdoor activities
- Very water-resistant
EltaMD UV Aero SPF 45
- SPF 45 with 9.3% transparent Zinc Oxide
- Continuous spray sunscreen sprays on white so you can be sure of coverage then dries on clear.
- Provides Oil-free, full body UVA/UVB coverage for all ages and skin types
- Water-resistant coverage for 80 minutes